Back pain will affect nearly 80% of us during our lives – probably more than once. Reflexology can help reduce back pain. It has shown to be effective for both chronic and acute pain and is also good for reducing stress, which can exacerbate back pain Reflexology reduces stress and increases emotional well-being; chronic back pain can cause stress leading to an increase in the pain level experienced, therefore by reducing stress, the symptoms of chronic back ache can also be reduced.
Read more about back care at: www.welshbacks.com
REFLEXOTHERAPY INTERVENTION IN THE
TREATMENT OF NON SPECIFIED LOW BACK PAIN
By F.M.Kovacs, V. Abraira, G. Lopez-Abente and F.Pozo, Spain
Of 91 patients with a confirmed diagnosis of non-specific back pain, 48 were assigned to a treatment group, and 43 to a control group. The treatment group received reflexology intervention; the control group underwent a similar procedure in which inappropriate zones were stimulated. Participants underwent clinical evaluation immediately prior to treatment, immediately after treatment and 30 days after treatment was completed. The treatment group showed immediate clinical improvements in pain, muscular contracture and mobility. This was statistically significant (p<0.0001). These patients were able to discontinue pharmacological treatment and remain symptom free during the study period. It was concluded that reflexology intervention is an effective method for treating non-specific low back pain.
TREATMENT OF ACUTE LUMBAR SPRAIN WITH
REFLEXOLOGY: A REPORT OF TWENTY CASES
By Xiao Zhengke, Hospital of Beijing College of Languages.
Twenty patients 35 - 55 years old, who suffered from acute lumbar sprain were treated with massage of the foot reflex zones. Duration of the problem was 2 hours in 18 cases, 2 days in one case and 15 days in one case. Five patients were cured (pain was eliminated, function restored to normal, no discomfort) after one treatment, 10 patients were cured after 5 to 7 treatments. During the treatment no drugs were used.
Reflexology in Merthyr Tydfil, Reflexology in Pontypridd, Reflexology in Caerphilly, Loss Weight in Merthyr Tydfil
News & Research
- Reflexology Lymphatic Drainage (RLD): Reflexology for the management of secondary lymphoedema in patients affected by treatment for breast cancer: An exploratory study (Sally Kay)
- Reflexology for Premature Infants, Barbara and Kevin Kunz
- An Investigation into the Efficacy of Reflexology on Acute Pain in Healthy Human Subjects, Carol Samuel, Portsmouth University, 2011
- Effects of Foot Reflexology on Blood Sugar Level of Patients with Type 2 Diabetes, Thailand Journal of Health
- The Effect of Reflexology on Pain Intensity and Duration of Labour on Primiparas, Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal, 2011
- Insomnia 'affects one third of UK', BBC News, 27 Jan 2011
- How do professional women cope with the menopause?, The Telegraph, 14 March 2011
- Setting the record straight on hot flushes, PR Newswire, 6 Dec 2010
- Migrane heart link in children, BBC News, 31 March 2011
- Migraine cause 'identified' as genetic defect, BBC News, 27 Sept 2010
- Adults and kids buck depression, anxiety and hyperactivity with exercise, NaturalNews.com, 20 Feb 2011
Complementary Therapists do not claim to cure , diagnose or prescribe. Each therapy session of works on an individual basis. Many people use Complementary Therapy as a way of relaxing the mind and body and improving wellbeing. Complementary Therapy should be used in conjunction with seeking medical advice
Happy to accept....
Remember to bring your paypal username and password if you would like to pay by card! If you have a username and an account created, PayPal will no longer accept payment until you have logged in! Remember, you can also pay in advance by going to the 'wellbeing shop'!